Friday, June 10, 2016

June Travels: Part 1

I found this fun hat in January. I was missing summer and sunshine. I had the image of wearing a sundress and this fun hat. However, the reality is that I do not own a sundress and even if I did, I have a high suspicion no one would see it because I'm a chronic sweatshirt wearer, I just don't like being cold. The hat won though. It's my new travel accessory.



We took in the deliciousness that is the Melting Pot. Oh my, oh myyyyyyyyyy, SO GOOD!


My PIC, as Pryce refers to Leah (Partner in Crime!) After having her esophagus repaired a week ago, she was ready to dive in to some solid food! (She owned it like a BOSS!)

 (


After a spa day and amazing supper, what more could a girl want......?????

How about her favorite group, "The Lumineers" at Red Rocks. Oh and front row too, how does it get even better than that?



Walking in to the concert. What an amazing atmosphere! 


Best seats in the house!



Concert shirt, definitely happy to advertise for them!


This was an absolutely AMAZING show. I can say this is THE BEST concert I've ever seen. Still blown away by this experience. Confetti coming out of the ceiling made me feel like I was in a fairytale, it was gorgeous!


As usual, I have a project going on....... I work hard to focus on the task at hand and be fully experiencing the present moment. That said I sometimes I do have to multitask. This time I am attempting to complete a final class for the Master's Degree. I'm taking it during one of the busiest (and most fun) moths of the year. I am home for just a few days here and there. Thank goodness for wifi, it's come in handy. I knocked out forum questions and quizzes in two different airports. The homework is continual but "it is only for a month." I have a countdown going on.



Flying into Seattle. What a view! I love it here.


The backyard of our Air B n B... This house is gorgeous and HUGE. Holy Wow, I almost need a map to find my way around. The decor is so fun and the conversation and laughter happening here is truly therapeutic for my heart and soul.


And just for fun..... we had some fun with Snap Chat filters. No, I'm not on Snap Chat and I don't see myself using that app anytime soon. That said, we got some fun pics of the Bride-To-Be. (They will likely not be showing up on my blog!) I will say that the statue outside has probably never had as much attention as it did yesterday evening, I'm still laughing at the creativity minds at work in this space. 

I realized as I was selecting pictures to share that this is the first time I've ever had this kind of a girl's weekend. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time wherever I go, no matter if I'm hopping a plane to explore a new city, playing golf or spend time with my kids. Hanging out with fellow females in a new (beautiful) place, laughing, relaxing and not having any agenda really feels good. I am usually so busy and on the go that I don't take time to just BE. My mind is always working and so I find I have to work hard just to relax....  Right now, having a mind that won't shut off is probably a good trait to have, as I am needing to dig deep for some maja study motivation. I have so many ideas, projects and experiences that I am ready to bring in! 

I certainly feel that I am at a crossroads. Already June is making me look at life from a totally different viewpoint. There's been some hugely unexpected shifts and I'm still processing them. I have no idea how this month will turn out, it's so very, very different than I thought it would be back in January. At some point, I'll pause to ponder all that's come through. Right now I'm taking a deep breath and just observing. I think that is the best I can do in the midst of so much changing happening around me. It's good that I'm moving fast right now because "a moving target is harder to hit." 

2 comments:

  1. Girls weekends are necessary. I'm still on Cloud 9 from the weekend and although I'm still exhausted, I am so energized and empowered from the energy that buzzed around us for 4 days. Each girl contributed their own unique personality to the mix and it made for a beautiful harmony. Thank you again for making WA a stop on your whirlwind trip! It was so much fun and one of my favorite weekends ever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was one of my favorite weekends too! It was such a FUN time and your group of girls was just fantastic! The laughter was definitely great for my soul. I'm looking through the pics and still giggling. Thanks for including me, I loved the experience! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Pink Cup. Planners. 5:2 Weekly Review

Light Me Up: This week's inspiration is an adorable cup I snagged after we hiked Rocky Mountain National Park. The Aspen and Evergreen ...