Sunday, June 19, 2016

June Travels: Part 2


We spent two day at home this week. Long enough for Pryce to create a couple of new paintings. This is one that she sketched out at home. She'd envisioned the colors that she would use and since we were due to hit the road, she brought the supplies along. It's a good thing that she is a mobile artist. 


We drove to Omaha on Friday and had lunch with Leah. We packed the vehicle and away we went. 



Since it is REALLY hot, I am reminding myself how GOOD it feels, as compared with how much I froze this past winter. We made it to Columbia, MO around 1 am. 




There were grand plans of taking the kids to the Arch. Due to construction, we opted for the drive-by, snapped a few pictures and called it good. Most of the day was spent driving (THANK YOU, LEAH)! I read and did as much homework as my brain could handle. I ended up getting car sick (thought I was over that) but apparently not. 




Pryce and Leah listening to Mulan and Lilo and Stitch songs. (UGH! ) It is seriously NOT my style of music, but it is adorable hearing Pryce bellar out the tunes. 



I've never driven past St. Louis so it was fun to see new country. I've flown to Nashville, but this was the first time driving. I did enjoy the many bridges and crossing the rivers. I am also loving the trees!


Downtown Nashville is pretty cool. Every big city has its one vibe. I love to walk around and and experience how a city looks and feels. Boston is still one of my all time favorites. We didn't do much walking last night. It was late and we were all pretty road weary so our destination was the Melting Pot for supper. We were very happy (and surprised) to find one here, Pryce was excited as the chocolate fondu is her FAVORITE!



While Pake is not a cheese fan, he TORE UP the salmon! 


The shrimp and teriyaki steak were DELICIOUS. I'm not a huge fan of sweets, but I will say I thoroughly enjoyed dipping the strawberry and pineapple chunks in the snickers fondue. Oh.My.Goodness. I also felt like I needed a wagon to cart my stomach home. 



We headed back to the hotel and I worked on homework until about midnight. I'm keeping ridiculous hours (for me) these days. My goal last spring was to be in bed my 9:30 and up at 5am. I'm way off the mark these days, part of why I really appreciate summer time. 

The kids will spend Father's Day with their Dad. Leah and I will likely go hiking. We move into our Air B N B later today. I'm really looking forward to having a bit of downtime there, beside the Cumberland River. If I have to do homework, at least I can do it by a body of water! 

Parker begins competing tomorrow! I'm so excited for him. What a cool opportunity to experience. GO TEAM NEBRASKA!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Cup. Planners. 5:2 Weekly Review

Light Me Up: This week's inspiration is an adorable cup I snagged after we hiked Rocky Mountain National Park. The Aspen and Evergreen ...