Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I hit the highway...


"My friends from high school
Married their high school boyfriends
Moved into houses in the same ZIP codes
Where their parents live
But I, I could never follow
No, I, I could never follow
I hit the highway in a pink RV with stars on the ceiling
Lived like a gypsy
Six strong hands on the steering wheel
I've been a long time gone now
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
But I've always found my way somehow"
The Long Way Around~Dixie Chicks

My theme song. From the first time I heard it, I knew it was ME. I've never been known to follow a traditional path. I usually start coloring the page and then I veer off and ignore the lines. 
Today I'm doing something I've always wanted to do. I'm hitting the highway in a little gray jeep. No stars on the ceiling, but definitely tunes blaring from the speakers. Destination: unknown, I'll know when I get there. 
I'm taking a spontaneous, solo road trip. The time is right and although I have a lot that I need to/should do, I'm taking the opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do. 
I don't know if I'll have internet, I don't even know where I am staying, but the call to hit the road feels really therapeutic right now. This year has been devastating. There's been some wonderful high points but the emotional sledge has been intense to walk though. I'm a fighter though. Bad days arrive and I get through them. I know good ones are on the horizon. 
I've been in a state of deep transformation and change for awhile now. Every time I think I know something or I'm close to my goal, things implode and go south. So I pick up the pieces and I start again. I'm working with some new and different priorities. I have some clarity but I seek more. For now, heading west. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Cup. Planners. 5:2 Weekly Review

Light Me Up: This week's inspiration is an adorable cup I snagged after we hiked Rocky Mountain National Park. The Aspen and Evergreen ...